Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm’s culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm’s enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm’s second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm’s compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm’s responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Goldman Sachs Global Compliance is dedicated to protecting the reputation of the firm, managing risk and helping to advance the business of the firm. From global financial centers to important developing markets, Global Compliance professionals interpret and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and determine how the firm can appropriately pursue global market opportunities. Global Compliance is organized broadly into divisional compliance groups and centralized compliance groups. This position sits in divisional compliance, supporting the Goldman Sachs Trust Company as well as the Wealth Management Business.
Wealth Management Compliance is seeking an Analyst/Associate to join our team. As part of this team, the primary responsibilities will include:
• Interacting with the Goldman Sachs Trust Company. N.A. and Goldman Sachs Trust Company of Delaware (GSTC) on a daily basis
• Knowledge and understanding of the Office of the Comptroller and Currency (OCC) rules and regulations
• Reviewing marketing materials that are used to pitch GSTC and Wealth Management and affiliated products and services to clients
• Monitoring and conducting surveillances focusing on compliance with regulatory and/or internal controls
• Developing and implementing policies, procedures and best practices for both the GSTC and Wealth Management
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 2-4 years of relevant experience preferable
Skills and Characteristics:
An ideal candidate should:
• Be interested in and willing to develop expertise in legal, regulatory and compliance issues in the financial industry
• Have knowledge, understanding and interest in understanding Trust Companies
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills - team player, able to forge relationships, build consensus, and influence decisions
• Work well under pressure and has a positive, hands-on, “can do” attitude
• Be able to devise and implement creative and innovative solutions.
• Possess strong analytical and risk assessment skills as well as concise verbal and written communication skills
• Be a quick learner and self-starter, with the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Have the ability to multi-task and adapt to new situations and a dynamic work environment.