Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM)
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest, and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
We are seeking a risk professional to support our Consumer Business Risk team. The team is responsible for first-line operational risk management across the Consumer businesses, including supporting new product and feature development, conducting risk assessments, identifying and managing issues, conducting risk-based monitoring, facilitating risk reporting, and preparing responses for regulators.
The successful candidate will:
· Work with business functions and cross-divisional stakeholders (e.g., technology, operational, and vendor risk) to identify risk-focused requirements associated with build of new products and features (experience in transactional products, such as credit cards and checking, a plus)
· Drive implementation of issues and incident management framework for both existing and emerging businesses
· Identify and assess operational and resilience risks and required controls, both periodically and in response to new products/features and business environment changes
· Review and provide recommendations regarding business processes associated with emerging or otherwise significant risks
· Work across the consumer businesses to facilitate consistency in risk management approach
· Facilitate issue and incident identification and provide effective challenge to business with respect to resolution
· Manage and enhance analytical risk reporting for the business units
· Interface with internal and external audit and regulators, including exam management
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent military experience
· 7+ years work experience in, or working with, first or second line risk management teams including Business Risk, Operational Risk, Legal, Compliance or Financial Crimes Compliance
· Experience with retail consumer banking products (including transactional products), including knowledge of operational and compliance risk management and applicable regulatory requirements
· Ability to drive a culture of risk management and compliance, while delivering a world class customer experience
· Ability to communicate effectively with senior management, key stakeholders and counterparts
· Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to drive multiple projects concurrently
· Proven ability to apply strategic thinking to complex organizational and business issues
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity