Software Engineer – Controllers Engineering
Engineers in the Controllers Division help ensure the firm meets all of its financial control and reporting obligations. Working in small and nimble teams, they build critical and complex applications to calculate P&L, monitor the firm’s balance sheet and liquidity, and support various regulatory filings across the globe.
Using a combination of computer science, finance and math skills, they build and support complex and critical software products that meet the ever-changing business needs and regulatory environment. They collaborate very closely with the finance business teams to transform accounting rules into working applications.
* Employment type
* Job function
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
* In an Agile environment manage end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis to coding, testing, UAT, implementation and maintenance
* Develop high level/detailed technical designs, testing strategies, and implementation plans
* Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to all areas of Finance
* Understand and respond to business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
SKLLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
* Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
* Strong Full-stack technical design and development skills and experience.
* Technologies: Linux and shell scripting, TDD (JUnit), Scala, Spark, Tableau
* Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Java)
* In-depth knowledge of relational and columnar SQL databases, including database design
* Comfortable with multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
* Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical & business audiences and working globally
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Interest in finance
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity