The Goldman Sachs Practices & Transformational Initiatives (PTI) team within SPARC defines best practices, drives transformation opportunities and re-engineering needs within Enterprise Technology Operations (ETO). The team
partners with development arm - Production Runtime Experience (PRX) - to develop product/tool strategy for ETO tools in an effort to drive prioritization, create efficiencies, and help to enhance the overall client experience.
The team also assists in identifying service impacting trends throughout the environment. This team performs escalation and follow-up with engineering, application owners, and ETO managers as well as drives prioritization, creates additional efficiencies, and helps to enhance the overall client experience.
SPARC Practices & Transformational Initiatives VP: In this role, the individual will focus on the following areas:
- Manage transformational projects and drive work stream towards major milestone achievement. Encourage creativity and out of the box thinking in creating solutions and elevating the workspace to the next level.
- Work as part of a global unit providing support and insight among the SPARC disciplines.
- Drive transformation opportunities within ETO Management for all Business Units within ETO.
- Interact with the other work streams within SPARC as part of the transformation, process change, root cause initiative, or tool enhancement.
- Ensure emphasis around strategic, global planning.
- Evaluate, recommend, and steer towards building efficiencies and automation. Strive for globally consistent processes at all times.
- Assist in the development of staffing models and in the creation of reporting templates.
- Partner with development team in the creation of agent/production engineer empowerment tools and enhancements to streamline and simplify the execution of user support. Gain a higher level of environmental awareness and knowledge through system integration.
- Cultivate workplace social networking by providing platforms and forums to enable interactions and self-help communities.
- Assist with deep dives and establish pattern matching. Uncover the root cause behind issues and provide detailed evidence to product owners.
- Identify user training opportunities to reduce support calls and increase user productivity.
- Discover problem trends reported by end-users and prioritize re-engineering action items for all areas within ETO.
- Build upon services taxonomy/namespace to assist in the consistent categorization of CSO activities. Make recommendations in additional enhancements to better capture symptoms and deficiencies in the environment.
- Tie in quality broadly and ensure adherence to foundational quality measures that have been established. Introduce new methodologies.
- Quickly identifies priorities or issues in a complex situation
- Applies cost/benefit analyses in the setting of priorities
- Identifies inconsistencies or discrepancies that are not obvious
- Anticipates potential obstacles and develops contingency plans
- Is aware of the interactions between all parts of the system
- Decisions show an awareness of business priorities and fiscal responsibility
- Knows enough about the business served to form an independent view of client needs
- Is clear and persistent in defining mutual expectations with clients
- Forms partnerships with clients by developing shared accountability
- Ensures commitments to clients are met or exceeded
- Challenges client thinking and brings new ideas to facilitate a better result
- Modifies project approach when appropriate and needed
Communication and Influence:
- Regularly shares important information with team and client
- Communicates good and bad news candidly in a timely fashion
- Solicits and listens to others’ input and concerns and appropriately follows up
- Guides group discussion toward consensus
- Influences others to gain their cooperation
- Presents ideas clearly and persuasively
- Adapts influence strategies to the needs and motives of the group
Initiative and Ownership:
- Drives to achieve quality results
- Willingly accepts increased responsibilities
- Persists and finds ways to overcome obstacles
- Proactively seeks ways to improve a system or relationship
- Solicits feedback to modify approach and behavior
- Relates to all employees with fairness and respect
- Encourages teamwork and uses the power of the group to solve problems
- Provides guidance and coaching to team members
- Provides opportunities for team members that increase their professional development
- Works to build a sense of common purpose across all work groups, avoiding an “us” vs. “them” attitude
- Understands, respects and values all team members regardless of their diverse backgrounds
- Knows the key influences and decision making processes in the organization
- Recognizes which issues are worth pursuing and when it is time to compromise
- Considers one’s actions or policies from the point of view of other parts of the organization
- Takes broader organizational view when solving problems
- Anticipates potential obstacles and develops contingency plans to overcome them
- Alerts appropriate parties immediately upon discovery of potential problems
- Communicates status and risks in a direct and open manner
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Maintains awareness of new and existing technologies, architectures and best practices
- Contributes to development of new or existing technologies, architectures or best practices
- Encourages flexible and adaptable architectures
- Uses judgment and experiences to adapt processes and tools to projects