What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM)
Consumer and Wealth Management brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital.
Our Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, serves millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, and financial tools. Our goal is to build a leading consumer digital-banking platform and to do this we have two self-reinforcing consumer strategies: direct, where we serve consumers through Marcus, and embedded, where we deliver our products through partner ecosystems. Our partners include Apple, GM, Amazon, Walmart, and Jet Blue and we are in active dialogue with additional companies operating in the consumer economy.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The DevOps Automation & Systems Engineering team is responsible for building highly available solution that can scale globally across a multitude of digital, consumer facing, financial products.
• Individuals on the team will interact closely with Application Development engineers, Technology and Critical Infrastructure teams and vendor teams to ensure that the solutions being implemented
• Individuals will be responsible to answer support calls as needed, release code to production, contribute back to the firms' infrastructure automation capabilities and collaborate closely with teams within and across the firm.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3+ Years experience in Systems and/or Production Engineering for the Finance and Tech industries
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience with Software Development in a Linux environment, Shell scripting, Perl/Python
• Understanding of the Agile development methodology
• Experience with version control systems such as git or svn
• Experience with configuration management systems such as Chef or Ansible
• Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment methodologies and tooling such as Jenkins or Bamboo
• Experience with log/metric aggregation tooling such as Splunk and Prometheus to deep dive into production issues
• Experience with deploying code to production systems and building out highly available infrastructure and accompanying automation techniques
• Energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able t! o build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
• Intuitively coalesce towards problems with an open mind, within the context of a team
• Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
• Strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad tea
• Independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
• Can manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ensures accuracy of the information entered into the production scheduling systems
• Ensures accuracy and timeliness of information entered in problem management systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity