The successful candidate will work within a team responsible for the Private Equity and Debt valuation process across Hedge Funds, PE Funds, and Mutual Funds within the Asset Management Division.
He/she will interact with controller’s management and the portfolio management team.
He/she will be responsible for reporting and Fund Admin oversight around the private investments
- Responsible for quarterly price verification of private equity, debt positions
- Involvement in the third party valuation processes
- Involvement in external/internal Audit review process
- Responsible for reporting around the private portfolio
- Responsible for valuation committee meeting presentations
- Daily interaction with Portfolio Managers, Operations, Legal and Compliance
- Ensure correct levels of control and independence is in place
Experience / Skills
- Degree in Finance / Accounting, CPA/CFA or MBA preferred
- 3-5 years relevant work experience (public and/or private)
- Working knowledge of Private Equity and Private Debt valuations, including knowledge of market approach, DCF, liquidation approach etc.
- A strong understanding of WACC, CAPM and Contingent Claims Analysis models
- A strong understanding of Fixed Income and Equities markets and the alternative investment management industry
- A strong understanding of valuation accounting disclosures
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written communication) skills, including experience presenting/communicating with senior managers
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Results driven and great multitasking skills
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity