We are seeking a highly dynamic, detail-oriented, results-driven Associate to join our Strategic Client Services - Client Account Specialist team. In this capacity, you will manage a pipeline of institutional clients as they are on-boarded to or restructured within GSAM. The team works closely with the Americas Client Business and various internal partners across the Asset Management Division and Federation areas to ensure an exceptional client experience during key client life-cycle events.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world’s leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today’s dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
Strategic Client Services (SCS) works with GSAM Portfolio Management, Distribution and other internal business support partners to manage our client and fund execution services. SCS seeks to strengthen our client franchise by providing world class client service and execution in a controlled and scalable manner.
Our SCS Client Account Specialist team is responsible for managing the cross-functional process of on-boarding new separate accounts and advisory mandates for institutional clients, as well as other life-cycle events including restructures and terminations of existing client mandates. Client Account Specialists serve in a client-facing capacity, partnering with Distribution to clearly articulate a project plan directly to the client as well as providing regular updates over the implementation lifecycle. At the same time, internally the Client Account Specialist is charged with defining and managing accountabilities across the entire GSAM and Federation organization involved in these processes, including Distribution, Portfolio Management, Operations, Legal, Compliance, Technology and Controllers. The team also identifies, escalates and helps mitigate business and operational risk by working closely with all functional areas. The team also helps standardize service offerings, qualify business opportunities and coordinate governance processes.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential:
• Understand and monitor pipeline of client events working closely with Distribution.
• Understand and manage every facet of a client event working closely with partners from Distribution, Portfolio Management, Operations and other business support partners before and during the event.
• Coordinate, organize and lead all internal GSAM discussions and serve as a point of escalation for issues throughout the client event.
• Partner with Distribution to manage client expectations and ensure exceptional client experience.
• Develop target delivery date and key milestones based on a deep understanding of client requirements, mandate details and service level agreements within GSAM and with business support partners.
• Manage the negotiations, vetting and tracking of all contractual obligations, including the Investment Management Agreement, Investment Guidelines, Non-Investment Commitments (e.g., operational / technology setup, reporting requirements) with key functional areas.
• Coordinate with Operations on operational implementation, including account, custodian and counterparty set up.
• Ensure that all functional areas are kept informed of the status of the client event and any sensitive issues or requests are escalated to and resolved with GSAM Management.
• Coordinate and obtain the requisite sign-offs from senior management in all impacted functions. Ensure that all prerequisite tasks are complete prior to authorization to trade.
• Contribute to the broader SCS effort to enhance client experience and controls and identify, streamline and implement process and governance improvements.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity