We invest in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Asset Management operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing.
The Urban Investment Group (UIG) is a principal investing and lending platform within the Asset
Management Division. UIG seeks to drive double bottom line returns by investing in underserved
communities across the United States, generating both financial return and social impact. The team
makes debt and equity investments that finance real estate developments including mixed-income and
affordable housing, retail, office, industrial and charter school facilities, provides financing to student and
small business lenders, among others. UIG also manages GS Bank USA's Community Reinvestment Act
program and works on transactions which fit GS’ One Million Black Women mandate to make loans and
investments which narrow opportunity gaps for Black women across housing, education, healthcare,
access to capital, workforce development, financial health and digital connectivity
As one of 14 investment professionals, the analyst will be an integral member of the team and staffed on
both investing and lending opportunities. The analyst will be given significant responsibility on small deal
teams and is expected to form independent investment judgments on projects.
· Review and evaluate real estate, secured lending, corporate and other investment
· Analyze financials, including evaluating projections and modeling returns
· Analyze and form views on domestic real estate markets
· Conduct due diligence on developers, budgets/cash flows, zoning and market potential
· Review legal documentation
· Coordinate with internal and external groups to process transactions
· Support deal execution and take an active role in monitoring development progress
· Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
· Demonstrated interest in UIG's mission and investment strategy
· Ability to interact and build relationships with people from different backgrounds
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity