One Goldman Sachs Strategic Relationship Management:
In-line with the firm’s emphasis on One Goldman Sachs as a strategic priority, the One GS: Strategic Relationship Management (SRM) team serves as One GS’ cross-functional business development arm, responsible for identifying, facilitating, and tracking cross-divisional opportunities and helping clients navigate the broader offerings of the firm.
The One GS: SRM team reports into the co-head of One GS and head of Investment Banking Services, and has 3 main functions:
(1) Serve as a cross-functional client service group and liaison between the Investment Banking Division (IBD), Consumer & Wealth Management (CWM) and Asset Management Division (AMD). SRM’s main objective is to source, develop relationships with and provide early-stage advisory services to privately held family and founder owned businesses. Responsibilities include:
• Family Owned Business and Family Solutions Effort: drive dedicated cross-divisional family solutions effort to better source and track family owned business opportunities, and cater to the bespoke strategic and financial needs of private family/founder controlled businesses.
• Early Stage Client Service: serve as dedicated investment banking coverage for earlier stage companies/opportunities, and help vet fit and provide access /intros to broader firm resources over time
• Expanding Investment Banking Coverage: source and vet new IBD coverage opportunities via CWM and AMD network by providing early stage IBD coverage to pre-CMG (Cross Markets Group) sized companies
• Generating Private Investment Opportunities for Asset Management: source and vet potential investment opportunities for AMD (growth equity, corporate equity, corporate credit, real estate) via CWM network and intermediary/VC relationships
• Investment Banking Buyer Outreach & Client Idea Generation: help provide insight into bespoke buyer universe in the context of IBD sellside transactions as well as buyside idea generation for family and founder controlled assets, given increasing demand from multiple key IBD client constituencies (sponsors, strategics, family officers, SWFs, etc.)
(2) Facilitating and tracking cross-divisional coordination related to relevant private side (investment banking and asset management) transactions, to ensure that clients are getting access to full suite of GS resources/offerings (e.g. wealth management, asset management). This will include identifying opportunities to leverage IBD and AMD relationships to facilitate cross-divisional opportunities and expand wallet share for CWM and AMD offerings
(3) Spearheading day-to-day tracking and weekly/quarterly/annual reporting related to all cross-divisional referrals between IBD, AMD and CWM for senior leaders across multiple divisions and sub-teams. This function also entails working with technology, finance, operations and compliance to help drive the build-out of processes, infrastructure and tech solutions to streamline data management, transparency and reporting related to these initiatives.
• Current experience in an investment banking role or equivalent position with excellent judgment, mature personality and experience working with senior stakeholders.
• The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, with a very strong base of investment banking technical knowledge, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• The candidate will also be a self-starter who can identify commercial opportunities and synergies between and across multiple divisions (IBD, CWM and AMD).
• Experience working first-hand across multiple divisions, teams (industry/product) or geographies is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity