Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
About Goldman Sachs Marketing
Led by the firm’s first Chief Marketing Officer, the marketing function at Goldman Sachs is backed by momentum and a broad imperative to unify the discipline, helping to codify a business-critical function seen as core to the firm’s future growth. As such, GS is focused on building out a data-and-technology enabled team of growth marketers, delivering value for the brand and the business. The organization will consist of a number of key COE roles in areas such as Brand, Media, and Marketing Strategy, as well as marketing leads for each of our revenue divisions. Together, this team will collaborate to build a unified, scalable, and consistent approach to marketing the brand and its offerings. Our mission is to be a demonstrable force multiplier for the businesses we serve.
Within Global Marketing sits the Investment Banking marketing team, responsible for end-to-end marketing strategies and programs for the entirety of the division. Working across our classic IBD activities of M&A advisory and financing, as well as our newer cash management platform, Transaction Banking, the team leads messaging strategy, content creation, digital marketing, and marketing analytics. As well, Global Marketing contains a COE for paid media, responsible for designing and implementing a global paid media strategy that identifies distribution channels across multiple platforms, executes best-in-class media activations that amplify the brand and business strategy for our priority audiences, leverages data and insights to drive the global marketing strategy and identifies key opportunities and trends that exist within the media landscape.
This role sits at the intersection of these two teams: divisionally aligned to meet the goals of Investment Banking marketing, and a valuable member of the paid media COE driving specialty expertise and a unified approach to media across the firm.
This Associate will play a key role on the Investment Banking marketing team and paid media COE to manage and assess media strategies, opportunities and execution. IBD’s paid media strategy will focus on helping to further drive the division’s key strategic priorities including enhancing client relationships in core business, growing wallet share across our expanded client footprint. As a close partner and collaborator with the media agency; this Associate will act as a conduit between the agency, external vendors and publishers, and internal stakeholders to ensure that there is an alignment to the goals of the marketing strategy within the relevant media channels. This role requires strong media skills with a knowledge of the evolving media landscape and principles of assessing media opportunities and strategies.
· Partner with divisional marketing colleagues to co-ordinate paid media brand briefings that incorporate internal stakeholder inputs and strategic direction around key themes, priorities, and campaigns.
· Hold agency accountable for flawless execution of media strategies, providing assistance with multiple projects and quick decision making on plans, when in market.
· Partner with content teams & creative agencies on media assets and timely delivery
· Develop and own budget management for all media plans (including tracking of media authorizations, invoicing and reconciliation)
· Partner with agency to track campaign measurement and determine optimizations for live plans, identifying new opportunities for learning agendas and cross-media tracking.
· Identify and develop relationships with media partners across existing and new channels, that align with specific campaign objectives and briefs.
· Act as a media expert by keeping abreast of the latest trends and industry best practices regarding the most effective ways of reaching our target audiences and delivering our message.
· 6-8 years of experience in paid media strategy and execution, in either an agency or in-house paid media role
· Campaign experience with media plans that span multiple channels, including social media, brand partnerships, digital (display, SEM, programmatic), OTT / video
· Knowledge and understanding of media planning principles, including target audience creation, channel planning strategy, media analysis and budget management.
· Detail-oriented problem-solver who is able to employ sound judgement, critical thinking and swift decision making with minimal supervision.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
· Team-oriented, with confidence in interaction with multiple stakeholders and external partners
· Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure; able to manage and execute effectively on multiple, time-sensitive projects, with keen sense of urgency
· Hands-on Paid Media experience in Financial Services or a relevant media focused industry (eg. Consumer Tech, Entertainment, Retail).
· Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity