Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW:
The FX Ops Drafting group within Operations facilitates high efficiency & risk reduction through technology optimization, process convergence and a flexible global organizational structure yielding highest possible regulatory compliance, enhanced client experience, superior partnership with the Business and functional diversity for our people
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL:
Preferred candidate will have minimum 7-8 years of operations experience, preferably in derivatives. Ideal candidate should have an understanding of FX derivatives, including the current regulatory environment. Knowledge of current industry focuses and structured transactions a plus.
Experience with managing a team and leading projects
BA or BS degree is required; concentration in finance or legal studies a plus.
• Excellent team player, able to work well inside a group and broadly across an organization
• Proven ability to organize and prioritize own workload and drive results
• Familiarity with the firm’s risk and control framework
• Ability to multitask and work in high pressure environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated confidence in communicating in a variety of forums and with varied audiences, including: formal presentations, training sessions, larger meeting venues, and with external/internal clients
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment; able to work independently and as a self-starter, as appropriate
• Attention to detail and a sense of urgency in escalating and resolving outstanding issues.
• Demonstrated commitment to quality controls and procedures
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Understanding of the derivatives industry
Experience with FX Industry vendors,
• Project management experience
• Settlements experience and knowledge of industry platforms like FXALL, GTSS, MISYS, ALERT
• Experience working with legal counsel and external customers a plus"
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity