A career with Goldman Sachs Asset Management is an opportunity to help clients across the globe realize their potential, while you discover your own. As part of one of the world’s leading asset managers with over $2 trillion in assets under supervision, you can expect to participate in exciting investment opportunities while collaborating with talented colleagues from all asset classes and regions, and building meaningful relationships with your clients. Working in a culture that values integrity and transparency, you will be part of a diverse team that is passionate about our craft, our clients, and building sustainable success. Bringing together traditional and alternative investments, Goldman Sachs Asset Management provides clients around the world with a dedicated partnership and focus on long-term performance. As primary investment area within Goldman Sachs, we provide investment and advisory services for pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, financial advisors and individuals.
Support AMD Private’s ESG data collection efforts. Ensure that data requested is provided by in-scope portfolio companies, ensure data quality, and help translate that data into relevant reporting for regulations, frameworks, the division, firm, and investors. Work closely with deal teams, ESG Regulatory team, Fund & Information Management, and Fund Managers on reporting out of data for regulatory purposes and fund and firm reporting.
• Be an internal subject matter expert on ESG data requirements, understanding what data is required and for what purpose
• Work closely with deal teams to ensure portfolio companies in-scope provide requested data
• Partner with management teams and deal teams to explain how to calculate metrics required
• Develop a process for auditing, validating, and assuring the quality of the data provided and work with deal teams and portfolio companies to manage this process
• Work with ESG Regulatory team to understand how data provided informs reporting for regulations and frameworks and as regulatory requirements are updated, ensure updated information is requested from portfolio companies
• Liaise with Fund & Information Management to ensure requests for ESG data are coordinated with other data requests from portfolio companies and deal teams
• Work with Fund Owners to translate data provided to reporting for funds in scope
• Work with Engineering, Strats, ESG Data Collection and Reporting Task Force, and external consultant to review potential tools to capture ESG data through a streamlined tool
• Help with roll-out of selected ESG data collection tool by providing trainings for deal teams and portfolio companies
• Work with external consultant on data collection toolkit to help clarify how to collect required data
• Utilize data provided to coordinate responses for AMD Private’s UNPRI submission
• Stay closely coordinated on new and updated regulations and firm requirements that could impact data collected from portfolio companies
The ideal candidate will ideally possess the following qualifications:
• Detail oriented and thorough
• Able to connect various requirements into one synchronized process and work with various stakeholders
• Excellent communication and presentation skills. Proven ability to connect with deal and management teams and be a team player in a fast-paced environment. A commitment to excellence, integrity and collaboration is a must
• Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Energy Management, Accounting, Sustainability, Finance, or Business Administration.
• At least 2 years of professional experience in investing, finance, data analytics, sustainability, energy management, or related fields
• Project Management experience
• Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, as well as with business intelligence software and software tools generally
• Carbon accounting experience, preferred
• Familiar with key ESG Standards including GRI, TCFD, UNPRI, SFDR, SASB etc., preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity