Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
AM Operations – Retail Separately Managed Account (SMA) Platform – Vice President
Separately Managed Accounts (SMAs) are investment accounts that are customized to investors’ portfolio management strategies and personal values. As investor demand shifts to the customization and personalization of portfolios in SMAs, we want to lead the market in expanding distribution of our differentiated financial products with outstanding digital experiences. If building a business at a storied investment bank and helping investors do well while doing good appeals to you, read on!
This is a highly collaborative role and such requires the capability to work effectively with a diverse range of professionals both internally and externally, covering a wide variety of products and functions. The main areas of responsibility will be:
• Establish best in class and industry comparable operating and service model for SMAs
• Engage with Operations teams to have a through understanding of the Operational considerations across teams
• Represent Operations in the development of a business plan, strategy, and digital product roadmap based on a deep understanding of business drivers, competition, and stakeholder needs
• Establish and monitor operational KPIs and deliver on critical OKRs
• Define long- and short-term goals based on commercial and customer outcomes; evaluate product performance relative to goals
• Prioritize initiatives and features, using domain expertise, customer insights, and market research to make informed trade-offs between new feature development, platform investment, and optimizations
• Scope product releases (MVPs) to deliver value early and validate business hypotheses with the least amount of effort
• Partner closely with Product, Engineering and other stakeholders to define user journeys and product features; write acceptance criteria at the initiative and feature level
• Partner with Engineering and other functions to drive rapid, effective delivery of software products; represent delivery progress to stakeholders
• Influence senior leaders' decision making and investment
• Write backlogs of strategic initiatives and features in outcome-focused language that allows engineers to offer creative solutions
• Strong technical background in SMAs and understanding of the SMA landscape including external platforms and vendors
• Experience in Client Service and engagement
• Understanding of Operational nuances is supporting a retail SMA business
• Experience in leading large teams and driving change
• Experience in implementing vendor platforms and capabilities
• Experience with agile practices is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity