About Goldman Sachs Marketing
Led by the firm’s first Chief Marketing Officer, the marketing function at Goldman Sachs is backed by momentum and a broad imperative to unify the discipline, helping to codify a business-critical function seen as core to the firm’s future growth. As such, GS is focused on building out a data-and-technology enabled team of growth marketers, delivering value for the brand and the business. The organization will consist of a number of key COE roles in areas such as Brand, Media, and Marketing Strategy, as well as marketing leads for each of our revenue divisions. Together, this team will collaborate to build a unified, scalable, and consistent approach to marketing the brand and its offerings. Our mission is to be a demonstrable force multiplier for the businesses we serve.
Within the Global Marketing function but aligned to the Investment Banking division, sits the IBD marketing team, responsible for end-to-end marketing strategies and programs for the entirety of the division. Working across the core elements of this premiere franchise—from M&A activity to our Cross-Markets Group to our Transaction Banking business—the team leads messaging strategy, content creation, digital marketing, and marketing analytics.
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
TRANSACTION BANKING (TxB)
We aim to build a modern and digital-first transaction banking solution to serve our clients. Our business combines the strength, heritage, and expertise of a 150-year-old firm with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Our goal is to provide a best-in-class digital product that helps clients to succeed by giving them a holistic view of their business. Through the use of modern technology built on the cloud, we are the alternative to legacy platforms. We’re a team of diverse experts helping our clients to build the future of their Treasury.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This Vice President will play a key role within the IBD marketing team, leading Transaction Banking marketing strategy, a key growth area of the division. They will partner across the divisional marketing team, leveraging messaging strategy, content creation, digital marketing, paid media, social media, analytics, and design to create end-to-end campaigns and programs in service of the commercial objectives of the business. The VP of TxB marketing strategy will partner with client-facing business leaders to harness the top commercial priorities and translate them into full-funnel plans, reaching current and future clients as well as an ecosystem of other stakeholders including recruits and the media.
- Develop a marketing strategy for the Transaction Banking business, with an emphasis on growth marketing
- Identify and propose strategies to amplify TxB client offering, working in close partnership with broader IBD Client Marketing team & the TxB Strategy team
- Identify and segment new client audiences, pair with appropriate marketing channels to drive lead generation
- Provide strategic input on all TxB content to ensure content is relevant to clients and flawlessly executed
- Work with third party agencies to produce multimedia content, author white papers, etc
- Partner with IBD Paid Media and Social Media leads to drive TxB messaging strategy
- Develop a social media strategy for TxB leaders
- Collaborate with TxB Strategy team to drive unified marketing strategy across channels and client types, including partners
- Collaborate with cross-divisional stakeholders including the Executive Office, Legal, Compliance, etc
- Partner with key stakeholders across the firm to deliver “One Goldman Sachs” to clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field
- At least 7-10 years of experience in marketing or related field
- Experience in the financial services industry and/or knowledge of payments and enterprise technology or banking
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry
- Transaction Banking, payments, or treasury experience is a major plus
- Ability to partner with subject matter experts to drive content development and delivery including LinkedIn content, whitepapers, client newsletters, etc.
- Proven experience in writing digital content and editing
- Creative, collaborative thinker and natural storyteller with a passion for communicating and making complex topics simple
- Ability to influence stakeholders and champion the use of content
- Experience managing projects with many moving parts
- Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to navigate and influence the organization
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to act on detailed feedback
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management and planning skills
- Experience with Salesforce, Adobe Campaign, LinkedIn, Sprinklr, and other modern B2B marketing tools
- Go getter with a “can do” attitude, the perfect candidate for this role should be ready to assist with any and all tasks
- Creative problem solver
- Success in navigating corporate environments or startups
- Comfortable working autonomously
- Self-motivated individual interested in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving organization
- Commitment to excellence and integrity
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity