Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
The responsibilities of the Management & Strategy team within the Investment Banking Division include:
- Partnering with business unit leadership to develop timely, accurate, and insightful analyses, metrics, and forecasts to support strategic decision making
- Prepare materials to deliver business unit message to Divisional and Firm Leadership supporting growth initiatives.
- Lead the preparation of detailed budgets and forecasts
- Deliver weekly, monthly and quarterly performance metrics to business unit leadership
- Perform ad hoc analysis and presentation based on current trends and initiatives in the Division
- Interact directly with bankers on performance metrics and deal pipeline
- Track and analyze the business unit’s competitive position in deal volumes, market share and fees using industry standard tools (e.g. Dealogic)
- Drive business unit planning and forecasting
- Analyze client and industry profitability and competitor analyses
- Provide recommendations to management to drive business results and achieve financial goals
- Prepare and deliver compelling and visually effective financial presentations
- Lead work streams in evaluating processes to drive efficiencies
- Implement Tableau dashboard reports
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field
- Digital savvy with the ability to synthesize large amounts of data to tell a relevant story. Must have an intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint. Tableau knowledge a plus
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills with the capacity to quickly learn and develop new reports and analysis
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Ability to multi-task
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity