We are looking for a dynamic, quick-thinking self-starter with a real passion for the financial markets, exceptional interpersonal skills and interest in a career in sales within our Liquidity Solutions Sales Team (Americas Direct) as a Vice President (West Coast). This role requires a professional with strong communication skills who has the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and help successfully increase the sale of liquidity products by connecting with Corporates, Hedge Funds and Public Institutions.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world’s leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today’s dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals.
Within GSAM, Liquidity Solutions is responsible for serving clients and driving sales via banks, corporations, broker/dealers, independent financial advisors, RIAs, retirement platforms, insurance companies, public institutions and asset managers. As part of Liquidity Solutions, the Americas Direct Sales Channel delivers comprehensive liquidity offerings to treasury teams at Corporations, Hedge Funds and Public Institutions of all sizes.
In this role, you are part of a team dedicated to increasing the sales and distribution of GSAM solutions from money market and short duration bond funds to separately managed accounts (SMAs) and Mosaic (Money Market Fund portal). Based in California (San Francisco or LA), the majority of client coverage is on the West Coast. A reasonable amount of travel is required for this role.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Collaborate with coverage team to find opportunities to help grow assets and market share
• Assist with discovery of clients and prospects to understand their business and investment process to uncover needs and position GSAM products and services to meet those needs
• Arrange and moderate portfolio management meetings/calls with clients and prospects
• Generate and interpret comparative analysis reports to better position GSAM liquidity solutions
• Coordinate with Client Service Team and Operations to help facilitate sales/new business
• Deliver consistent follow up with investment professionals to advance the sales process and deepen client relationships
• Demonstrate organized, efficient and effective project management and communication skills on a consistent basis
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree and 3-7+ years of relevant sales experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity